Blue Derby’s Shuttle Experts
Up Down Around is a locally owned Tasmanian MTB tour company that specialises in Blue Derby Tours and MTB Shuttles. We are born and bred in Tasmania and have been operating since 2018, with services tailored to what the riders want. Join us mountain biking in Derby for your next adventure and we will show you how to experience the thrill of the trails like a local!
Whether you’re searching for a single uplift shuttle, an all-inclusive tour, or something in-between, we can cater for all your mountain biking in Derby needs. Check out the options below or talk to us to create the perfect itinerary for you.
“The local’s favorite shuttle company!”
Our Blue Derby shuttle services are a favorite among the locals, which means you know you’ll be in the best hands for your Blue Derby MTB adventure. Our uplift shuttles are personalised, flexible and driven by mad mountain bikers keen to tell you all about Derby’s epic trails.
Our Blue Derby MTB Shuttle options include:
- All Day Black Stump Shuttle Pass – the number of runs you tally is limited only by you!
- The Bay of Fires First 13 km, Blue Tier and Atlas – the ultimate trifecta for a full day of flow.
- Blue Tier and Atlas – the original adventure trail that made Blue Derby famous!
- The Bay of Fires – ride 42km from the Blue Tier to the Bay of Fires coast, ending with a swim at the iconic Swimcart Beach accompanied by some complimentary beverages and snacks
What better way to experience all that Blue Derby offers than with a true local guiding you through the best mountain bike trails in Australia? Our Blue Derby packages can be curated to perfectly suit your style. Whether you have a group of 6 or 26 riders, we will show you the best of Blue Derby.
Our Blue Derby MTB Packages options include:
Unlimited Derby MTB Shuttles
Optional trip to St Helens to ride the epic Dreaming Pools trail
Accommodation at ‘The Bike Shack’ that sleeps up to 10 people
Airport Transfers to and from Launceston
Taking you to the best restaurants Blue Derby and Branxholm has to offer
Exploring the hidden gems surrounding the northeast of Tasmania
Option to visit local wineries and breweries in the northeast
“Experience the best of the Coast”
Expand your Blue Derby MTB holiday to include the best of the St Helens mountain bike trails. Ride the iconic Dreaming Pools adventure ride before experiencing the fast and flowing St Helens gravity descents.
The highlights of the Dreaming Pools ride day:
- Ride the 30 km Dreaming Pools loop
- Recharge by the waterfalls and swim in the pools below (don’t forget your towel)
- Fill in the remainder of the afternoon with unlimited uplift shuttles to the St Helens gravity descents
- Grab some delicious local fish and chips on the way back to Derby *Subject to availability
The Bike Shack
“Stay in style when booking group packages”
Our modern and spacious accommodation is built for mountain bikers and especially, mountain bike groups! Included in our tour package options, the Bike Shack is the perfect base for your adventures.
The Bike Shack features:
- A modern and spacious 3 bedroom house
- 2 additional wood cabins
- Bike wash station, workshop with tools
- Secure bike storage shed
- Fires and Bar with Arcade Games
- Can sleep up to 10 people
- Built for riders, ran by riders
- Located in Branxholm, right beside the Valley Ponds trail that takes you to Blue Derby